Trusting a healthcare recruitment specialist to help secure your next employment opportunity can feel like risky business. Do these people really know your skill level and what you want out of a future job? Next in Health is different. We believe you should feel valued and fulfilled in your job, and we’re here to help make sure you do. Before committing to an agency though, there are a few important questions you need to ask in order to find the one which is perfectly matched to you and what you’re looking for.
1. What kind of roles do you offer?
What are you searching for in your next healthcare career move? Are you tired of moving around from place to place and are looking to plant your feet somewhere longer term within the healthcare industry? If so, Next in Health is here for you.
We offer permanent positions within a range of appealing areas from aged care to allied health to disability and community services (we will discuss this further in point two). We have a long-term mindset meaning that both our clients and healthcare workers alike feel supported and listened throughout their entire careers and life.
2. Where do you offer employment opportunities within healthcare?
Where do you want to work? Are you looking for employment within Disability & Community Services? Or maybe you’re after something in Social Work & Psychology? Asking this question is essential because though the recruitment agency may have outstanding customer service, an easy to navigate website, great social media presence and even impressive wages, if they don’t offer the work suitable for you and your skillset, it’s somewhat irrelevant.
Next in Health currently focuses on four main disciplines below:
- Aged Care
- Disability & Community Services
- Social Work & Psychology
- Allied Health and Medical
If these are on your list as areas of interest, we would love to hear from you.
3. Do you provide advice regarding applications and interviews?
How long should my CV be? Should I include a photo? How many references do I need? What are some strategies I could use to stop getting so nervous during interviews?
Applying for a new position within healthcare can be a stressful and lengthy process. Often applicants receive little to no advice and guidance from the agency, forcing them to seek support from family, friends and online. When approaching different agencies, ask what resources are available to you, particularly if this is an area of concern. If they hesitate or stall when searching for the right answer, it’s unlikely anything concrete exists.
Next in Health however has a very different response. We want you to succeed and obtain your dream job which is why we offer support and tips throughout the entire process, from updating your resume to sitting down for an interview, we are here for you.
4. Can I speak to a real person about a job?
When searching for the perfect healthcare recruiter to meet your needs, are you given the opportunity to talk to a real human, or are you continually directed to an online FAQ’s page? Though you will find a significant amount about the company online, communicating to a person and not an automated robot or a screen is second to none.
The experienced team at Next in Health are real people. We want to hear about any uncertainties you may have and what you want to achieve. You will have a specialised team around you who are small enough to care but big enough to have connections to incredible organisations you’ll probably consider working with in the future.
5. How do I find out about potential jobs relevant to me?
This is a key question to ask. How will you know about an opportunity which perfectly aligns with your skillset and career aspirations? Are you given access to specific emails or “members-only” sections on a website? Or will somebody call you if something pops up? How involved do you need to be in searching for a job?
When partnering with Next in Health, you will have exclusive access to opportunities other agencies do not. How is this possible? Next in Health is part of a national, ASX-listed recruitment family of brands, giving us unparalleled reach across the industry and the nation. This means you don’t have to compete with applicants from other agencies, giving yourself the best chance at securing a position. You’ll also be given access to our job board, social media accounts, newsletter and any future projects we believe you will benefit from but might be unaware of.
6. What makes you stand out from other recruitment specialists?
Again, a great question to ask, make them sell themselves to you.
As you’re doing your research, you’ll likely find Next in Health does things differently. Here are a few examples of how and what that looks like:
- We have a public calendar on our website where you can book in and speak to a recruitment specialist straight away. No robots or long email chains back and forth. We want to talk to you and help facilitate your needs.
- We are not here to simply “tick the boxes” with recruitment. We’re about finding your perfect next step.
- We provide you with a link to our active job board which is updated regularly to reflect the opportunities available nationwide.
- We believe you should feel valued and fulfilled in your job, and we’re here to help make sure you do. We are open to constructive feedback to better our service for you.
- We want to be a careers advocate for you. We will provide education about the job market and your position within it. We have your best interest at heart and sincerely want you to grow. You will feel encouraged, motivated and inspired to take your next career step.
In summary, when searching for the healthcare recruitment agency best suited to you, we hope these questions gave you a great starting point to guide the conversation. We hope this article has highlighted that the passionate and experienced team at Next in Health wants to help find you safe and stable employment for the long term. We strive to help you find the perfect position the first time round.
If you are looking for a job, please register with us so we can find you the right opportunities. We’re looking forward to speaking with you and helping you take the next step in your career.