Biosimilar medicines: A general practice update
- : Online
Biosimilar medicines are becoming increasingly available in Australia, but misconceptions surrounding them exist among both patients and prescribers. This activity seeks to support primary care practitioners’ safe and effective use of these medications, and develop patient and prescriber confidence through education and evidence-based decision making.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles behind biological medicines, including biosimilars.
- Outline the clinical development and regulatory processes required prior to approval of biosimilar medicines.
- Define the criteria that must be met in order to substitute a PBS-subsidised reference biological for a biosimilar medicine.
- Explain to patients what a biosimilar medicine is, why it is different to a generic medicine, and their therapeutic equivalence to the reference biological product.
- Manage patient concerns and queries surrounding biosimilar medicines.
This activity is sponsored by GBMA Education.
This education is designed to take 1 hour to complete. It does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can stop at any time, and progress will be saved.
If you need any assistance or have any feedback about this education, please contact our helpdesk at thinkgpreedexhibitions.com.au
Click here for more information