Decision Making for Medical Leaders
- : Cliftons Melbourne, Level 1, 440 Collins Street Melbourne, VIC 3000
Leaders make decisions every day, but the key is doing it more effectively to reach the best outcome.
This two-day workshop will demonstrate how leaders and managers can make decisions well, that support their intuitive judgements with sound analysis. Participants will learn, and then know how, to structure decision situations, balance risk with return, and deal with complexities in organisational decision making, such as sources of uncertainty and multiple conflicting dimensions of value.
Through real case studies, participants will understand how to effectively ‘cut through’ decision complexities, using powerful ‘decision tree’ techniques, and a number of related enhancements. One of the key outcomes from this two-day workshop is that leaders/ managers will become more capable of conducting what is perhaps the most important of all their functional tasks: making their decisions well, to effect great results.
Workshop with Prof D. Samson (Prof of Management, Uni of Melbourne)
RACMA 16 points
- Understand the importance of leaders’ capability in making strategic decisions effectively and channel leaders’ judgments about risk/ uncertainty correctly into decision problems
- Structure using decision trees to solve complex decision problems
- Make decisions effectively when multiple dimensions of value exist
- List common human biases in decision making and how to guard against them
- Food as Medicine
- Posted By Class Central
- Posted Date: 2019-06-17
- Overview How can we use food as medicine? This course introduces the concept of food as medi...
- AMA Code of Ethics
- Posted By Australian Medical Association
- Posted Date: 2019-06-14
- Description This module aims to give you an understanding of the AMA Code of Ethics 2004, ed...
- Annual Junior Doctor Conference + Career Expo 2019...
- Posted By AMA Queensland
- Posted Date: 2019-06-13
- Location:Hilton Brisbane, 190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane, ...
- Description The 2019 Junior Doctor Conference will include a Career Expo, where doctors...