This is a Promoted Post!
1 hour education: Seizure disorders in children and adolescents - how GPs can support the family
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
This short, 1 hour education module describes GP management of seizure disorders in children and adolescents. While management of seizures in this population remains primarily a specialist responsibility, GPs can play a crucial role in identifying seizures, organising prompt referral, supporting medication management and providing support to families through provision of team-based, patient-centred care.
Earn RACGP & ACRRM points to be accredited in the 2017-19 triennium upon completion.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
• Identify some of the seizure disorders occurring children and adolescents.
• Understand the management of febrile seizures.
• Describe the diagnostic pathway for epilepsy in children and adolescents.
• Understand the key principles of medication management in epilepsy.
• Implement team-based, patient-centred care for epilepsy.
• Ensure patient safety is met by describing the particular challenges that epilepsy poses to adolescents, girls of childbearing age and the learning disabled.