111213 - ALS - Facilitators Course
- : Online
The ALS Facilitators Course is a blended workshop program developed to train and re certify ALS instructors. The program provides the opportunity for facilitators to achieve confidence and demonstrate proficiency in teaching ALS, using clinical simulation and assessing ALS competency.
• Planning and delivering an ALS workshop
• Understanding adult learners
• Approaches to the delivery of workshop teaching
• Pre-learning / Post learning resources
• Strategies for managing the problematic candidate
• Planning and delivery of procedural skills stations
• Running a clinical simulation - role, planning, delivery and feedback
• Participant assessment / certification of skills
• Course evaluation and self-reflection
All material is consistent with recommended ARC guidelines.
Simulation is a major feature of the program, facilitating transfer of medical knowledge and procedural skills to the clinical care of the critically ill adult and child.
Management of cardiac arrest is a critical skill for all health professionals. Regular updates are essential for maintaining the knowledge and practical skills required for CPR.Learning outcomes