119033 - Thyroid cancer: how to achieve optimal patient outcomes
- : Online
This free online learning module includes 15 clinical questions and immediate feedback is provided. There is also an original peer reviewed article written for GPsRelevance to General Practice
- Thyroid cancer is the most common endocrine malignancy, with a rising global incidence.
- Thyroid cancer is predicted to be the seventh most common cancer diagnosed in women in Australia in 2017.
- People with thyroid cancer usually present with thyroid nodules, but these are common and mostly benign.
- A structured clinical approach is thus important to establish the diagnosis and plan management.
- A multidisciplinary approach with shared care between specialists and GPs ensures optimal care.