119276 - Pre-Accreditation Workshop for GP Supervisors - Cat 2
- : Online
A workshop to prepare GPs to become/perform the role of an accredited supervisor with Eastern Victoria GP Training (EV). The workshop aims to provide new supervisors with a better understanding of their role and skills in the essential areas of providing a safe learning environment, assessing competence and giving feedback. The workshops will also provide participants with opportunities to practice some of the essential skills.
Relevance to General Practice
This activity prepares GPs to provide in-practice supervision and assessment for registrars during their period of vocational training with EV.
- By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to: Explain the key components in orientating a registrar in practice.
- Describe the key considerations in developing a teaching program in practice.
- Prepare some personal learning objectives for their role as a supervisor.
- Evaluate what is effective feedback.
- Upskill in assessing competence of registrars to ensure their safety when seeing patients in practice.