142866 - Contraception
- : Online
This 7-hour online learning activity utilises a range of educational modalities to allow participants to develop a detailed understanding of contraception options available in Australia and to be able to safely apply this knowledge in the clinical setting.
Relevance to General Practice
This comprehensive active learning module for doctors, nurses and midwives provides training for excellence in the delivery of individually tailored contraceptive advise and management in the primary health care setting.
Topics covered include contraception initiation, long and short acting reversible contraception, non-hormonal methods, emergency contraception and the use of contraception in individuals with specific health conditions.
- Adapting Quick Start protocols and consent forms for safe contraception initiation and follow up.
- Categorising contraceptive methods according to safety for use.
- Compare mechanism of action, advantages and disadvantages of each contraceptive option.
- Rating contraceptive methods based on efficacy.
- Manage common contraceptive complications and side effects.