An interactive masterclass that helps prepare clinicians with the knowledge to apply to prescribe medicinal cannabis for a range of mental health conditions including co-morbid pain, under the TGA's Authorised Prescriber Scheme and Special Access Scheme B.
Relevance to General Practice
Medical practitioners need to understand medicinal cannabis and its use in mental health conditions.
1. Safely prescribe a range of medicinal cannabis products for a range of mental health disorders and co-morbid chronic pain.
2. Provide a rationale for the use of medicinal cannabis in the treatment of a range of mental health disorders and co-morbid chronic pain.
3. Discuss the differences between THC and CBD in the treatment of mental health conditions.
4. Complete an SAS-B and Authorised Prescriber application under the TGA Special Access Scheme and Authorised Prescriber Scheme.
5. Source information about potential drug-cannabis interactions and communicate clearly to patients about the safety aspects of medicinal cannabis.