163074 - Basic Ultrasound Skills in Obstetrics Workshop
- : Online
This is a workshop aimed at providing rural GP's with the basic ultrasound skills required for accessing pregnancy in an urgent situation, when radiographers may be unavailable.
Relevance to General Practice
GPs working in women's health would benefit attending as this workshop focuses on late pregnancy ultrasound with the potential to tailor learning opportunities to individual needs.
- Ability to understand the basic physics of ultrasound
- Ability to use machine functions to optimise images
- Ability to recognise fetal presentation in late pregnancy
- Ability to confirm presence or absence of fetal cardiac activity
- Understanding of how to recognise multiple pregnancy