167460 - Baker Institute Health Symposium #2
Following on from our highly successful Symposium in June, we are rolling out our Symposium again in October. This Symposium aims to upskill doctors with the latest in evidence based treatment in CVD and diabetes. It will provide practical information and advice on the prevention of CVD, both primary and secondary plus the latest on heart failure treatment. It will also provide the latest on diabetes management, including obesity and weight management. Case studies will feature prominently in this ALM.
Relevance to General Practice
GPs play an important role in supporting patients who have type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease (CVD) or both. Cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity remain the biggest health challenges facing our society today. This ALM will assist GPs in managing patients with CVD and diabetes with a focus on prevention.
- Utilise the latest in secondary prevention of CVD, including the importance of cardiac rehabilitation
- Identify the latest on the management and treatment of Heart Failure in General Practice
- Evaluate the latest in SGLT2 inhibitors and effects on the kidney
- Identify the latest treatments and algorithms for managing patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- Outline new options in obesity & weight management–where to go beyond lifestyle interventions, safety of new drugs, alternate options to surgery(Patient safety)