193506 - Cardiovascular Update
The aim of the activity to provide an update on both the assessment of patients with chronic arterial disease (claudication), critical ischaemia (rest pain/ulers) & diabetic foot. An update on best medical management will also be provided.
Relevance to General Practice
Recent advances have seen treatments successfully used on elderly & high risk patients with minimal morbidity. There will be a Q&A session with Prof Ian Spark & Assoc Prof Ajay Sinhal on the current management of vascular & cardiac conditions relevant to GP's.
- By the end of the activity GP's will be able to summarise the options for immediate treatment & assess if referral pathways to specialist for review is necessary.
- By the end of the activity GP's will be able to assess & identify patients who require further investigation including imaging, & intervention for patients with PAD & cardiac disease.
- By the end of the activity GP's will be able to define treatment options available to patients. Be able to summarise surgical & endovascular approaches to cardiovascular disease.
- By the end of the activity GP's will be able to determine which patients will do best with medical treatment & when specialist review is necessary.
- Domains of General Practice
D1. Communication skills and the patient-doctor relationship
D2. Applied professional knowledge and skills
D3. Population health and the context of general practice
D4. Professional and ethical role
D5. Organisational and legal dimensionsCurriculum Contextual Units
- Adult health
- Care of older people