2023 Preceptor Program Parramatta
Who should attend
This course is suitable for any healthcare professional undertaking a preceptor role.
Key learning outcomes
At the completion of this course, it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
- Clearly define the preceptor/preceptee roles
- Apply adult learning theory to the preceptor role
- Translate clinical decision-making into the preceptor role
- Demonstrate the principles of creating an effective learning environment
- Apply strategies to establish expectations, setting goals and boundaries
- Manage difficult learners
- Demonstrate effective feedback
PHD Candidate, MNursing, GradCert, RN
Judy Smith (MACN) is the Director of Professional Development at the Australian College of Nursing. Judy is a registered nurse with 30 years of nursing experience and over a decade as an educator in the clinical and tertiary settings. Judy has extensive experience in curriculum development and has successfully implemented preceptor programs in various clinical settings.
Judy has several publications including peer reviewed journals and chapter author in professional textbooks.
Sign in or create an account to secure your place today.
Please log in to your membership account using the My ACN drop down box on our website.
If you have never enrolled into one of our online courses, you will need to “create a new account” following the prompts.
If you have previously enrolled, you can log on using your previous username and password.
By registering for the short course you are agreeing to the registration Terms and Conditions.