6. Management of perinatal depression
- : adelaide
This activity is part 6 of a series of 6, which is also available as part of an ALM. This education expands on the role of the primary care team in the management of perinatal mental health disorders. The various pharmacological management modalities are discussed as is the development of the GP mental health treatment plan.
This separate one hour activity is not accredited for MHST.
To complete the six hour MHST course, click here.
- Discuss the major risk factors for the development of anxiety and depression.
- Discuss the pharmacological management of perinatal mental health disorders.
- Recall the non pharmacological modalities available to treat perinatal mental health disorders.
- Describe the low prevalence perinatal mental health disorders.
- Ensure patient safety by being aware of the indications for specialist services.
This education is also available as part of an Active Learning Module (ALM) consisting of six activities. We recommend that you complete all six activities in order to obtain maximum benefit from this education. The ALM can be found here.
The term Maternal Child Health Nurse (MCHN) has been used throughout this activity, however other terms may be used in different states and territories.
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|6. Management of perinatal depression - education|
|Management of perinatal depression - evaluation|