83845 - Pulmonary rehabilitation: The Role of the GP
- : Online
This one-hour online activity covers aspects of pulmonary rehabilitation that can be carried out where formal rehabilitation programs are inaccessible. It discusses the GPs role in encouraging patient engagement and adherence to the exercise component of pulmonary rehabilitation, and provides guidance regarding the development of Medicare plans (GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements) for chronicdisease management
Relevance to General Practice
This proposed Category 2 online module promotes aspects of pulmonary rehabilitation that can be carried out where formal rehabilitation programs are inaccessible or unavailable. It discusses the role of the GP in encouraging patient engagement in, and adherence to, daily physical activity. In addition, it provides guidance regarding the development of Medicare plans (GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements) so that GPs may receive rebates for facilitating patient care by a multi-disciplinary team in the absence of formal rehabilitation programs.
- Select an appropriate delivery setting for pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Describe the importance of physical activity in chronic lung disease
- Understand your role in promoting the exercise component of pulmonary rehabilitation
- Be aware of the assessments used to gauge the impact of COPD symptoms
- Prepare a General Practice Management Plan or Team Care Arrangement for suitable patients