84627 - FPAA NATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN REPRODUCTIVE AND SEXUAL HEALTH FOR DOCTORS – DISTANCE MODE Theory (NSW)
- : Online
This course is designed to increase confidence in managing reproductive and sexual health consultations in the primary health care setting. Topics covered include:
1. Talking about reproduction, sex and diversity
2. Sexual and reproductive health matters specific to men
3. Sexual and reproductive health matters specific to women
5. Unintended pregnancy choices
7. Sexually Transmitted Infections
8. Legal Issues
This blended learning course allows doctors to complete the full theory component in a blended format. The 2 day Family Planning NSW Short Course in Reproductive and Sexual Health is a prerequisite component of this course. See the website for more information https://www.fpnsw.org.au/education-training/courses/fpaa-national-certificate-reproductiv e-sexual-health-doctors-distance
Relevance to General Practice
This Certificate course enhances the ability of GPs and other doctors to gain knowledge, skills and confidence in the area of reproductive and sexual health. This course addresses the need for GPs to be able to provide reproductive and sexual health services to populations in need. It is recognised by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, RANZCOG and Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine.
- Describe the mechanism of action, efficacy, side-effects, contraindications, risks, advantages and disadvantages of all forms of available contraception.
- Explain the role of the national cervical screening program, the HPV vaccination program and the management of abnormal cervical screening results (safety LO).
- Demonstrate an understanding of and utilise evidence based, recommended guidelines for STI screening, vaccination and contact tracing.
- Outline the clinical presentation, appropriate investigations, management, local epidemiology and follow-up of the common and important STIs.
- Outline the management of common male sexual problems including erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation.