87199 - Webinar - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: The guideline
- : Online
This activity aims to assist GPs to develop a greater understanding of PCOS.
It covers the following points:
• An overview of the 2011 national PCOS guideline, Evidence-based guideline for the assessment and management of polycystic ovary syndrome
• The incidence and assessment of PCOS symptoms
• Diagnosis and management of PCOS in ‘at risk’ populations
It aims to assist health professionals to improve care and management of women with PCOS.
Relevance to General Practice
Please request Jean Hailes document '2017 Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: The Guideline RACGP Overview'.
- Discuss effective use of the PCOS Guideline to improve patient treatment and management
- Identify the criteria for early and accurate diagnosis of PCOS
- Outline the long-term health and fertility risks associated with PCOS
- Identify opportunities for collaborative management of PCOS and interdisciplinary models of care