87205 - Webinar - Managing Menopause
- : Online
This activity aims to provide an overview of menopause symptoms and management options.
It covers the following points:
• Signs and symptoms of perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause
• Benefits and risks of treatment options (HRT/MHT, non-hormonal therapies, Testosterone and complementary therapies)
• Correct dosages of oestrogens
The activity seeks to assist health professionals to provide well-informed, up-to-date advice and treatment in the care and management of menopausal women.
Relevance to General Practice
Please request Jean Hailes document '2017 Managing Menopause RACGP Overview'.
- Identify the key symptoms of menopause
- Discuss treatment options for menopause
- Assess the benefits and risks of hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Advise correct dosages of non-HRT treatment options (patient safety)