87210 - Webinar - The Women's Health Initiative (WHI) - where are we a decade later?
- : Online
This activity provides an overview of contemporary research relating to hormone replacement therapy (HRT)/menopausal hormone therapy (MHT).
It covers the following points:
• Findings, flaws and implications of the 2002 US government study, the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI)
• ‘Lessons learned’ from the WHI experience
• Recent research from KEEPS and ELITE trials
The activity seeks to assist health professionals to provide well-informed, up-to-date advice and treatment in the care and management of menopausal women.
Relevance to General Practice
Please request Jean Hailes document '2017 The Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) – Where Are We a Decade Later? RACGP Overview'.
- Outline the major recommendations of the 2013 ‘Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy’
- Identify the flaws in the 2002 ‘Women’s Health Initiative’ research methodology and findings
- Discuss evidence-based approaches in menopause management