87223 - Webinar - HRT: Recent research and IMS consensus statement
- : Online
This activity aims to provide an overview of recent research on HRT/MHT, including the International Menopause Society ‘Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy’.
It covers the following points:
• Key recommendations from the IMS Statement
• Findings, flaws and implications of the 2002 US government study, the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI)
• Recent research from ELITE, DOPS and KEEPS trials
The activity seeks to assist health professionals to provide well-informed, up-to-date advice regarding HRT/MHT treatment in menopausal women.
Relevance to General Practice
Please request Jean Hailes document '2017 HRT: Recent Research and IMS Consensus Statement RACGP Overview'.
- Outline the major recommendations of the 2013 ‘Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy’
- Identify the flaws in the 2002 ‘Women’s Health Initiative’ research methodology and findings
- Discuss the results of ELITE, DOPS and KEEPS research trials