87238 - Webinar - Menopause and Mood
- : Online
This activity aims to provide an overview of the relation and interaction between menopause and mood. It includes a video presentation with downloadable PowerPoint slides.
The activity covers the following points:
• The effect of menopause on mood, memory and mental function
• The use of oestrogen as a treatment for psychiatric and peri-/post-natal disorders
• Depression and the pill, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, peri-menopausal depression
The activity seeks to assist health professionals to provide well-informed, up-to-date advice and treatment in the care and management of menopausal women.
Relevance to General Practice
Please request Jean Hailes document '2017 Menopause and Mood RACGP Overview'.
- Describe the relation and interaction between menopause, oestrogen and mood
- Identify the impacts of menopause on mental health
- Discuss available oestrogen treatments and indications