87239 - Webinar - PCOS & Natural therapies
- : Online
This activity aims to provide an overview of naturopathic management of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
It covers the following points:
• The prevalence of complementary and alternative medicines (CAM) in managing PCOS in Australia
• Naturopathic management of PCOS (as per clinical guidelines)
• Review of evidence for nutritional and herbal treatments to address insulin resistance
• The use of CAM in treatment of infertility & oligomenorrhoea
• Management of hyperandrogenic symptoms
The activity aims to assist health practitioners to improve management and treatment for women with PCOS.
Relevance to General Practice
Please request Jean Hailes document '2017 PCOS & Natural Therapies RACGP Overview'.
- Discuss the use of complementary and alternative medicine therapies (CAM) in managing insulin resistance
- Identify complementary approaches to managing infertility & oligomenorrhoea
- Assess the safety and suitability of herbal supplements used in PCOS management