89257 - Healing the healer- Module 2 ( of 2 ): Managing Stress with Hypnosis, Meditation, CBT and Mind Body Medicine.
Description of the activity. managing stress with hypnosis, meditation, CBT and mind body medicine is the second of the two ALMs in the weekend course , Healing the Healer. The second module offers various techniques and skills to handle personal and professional stress with hypnosis, meditation, CBT and mind body medicine, in a user-friendly format. It also offers skills and training in meditation, self hypnosis and modified CBT and in the understanding of quantum physics in mind body medicine.
Relevance to General Practice
chronic unresolved stress and anxiety are undoubtedly the common cause for psychological breakdown among GPs. The over working busy GP, juggling commitments between professional, personal, domestic and financial overload, with poor copying skills often succumbs to alcoholism smoking, substance abuse, gambling, drug addiction ultimately leading onto family and personal breakdown. This module offers the very much needed practical and easy tools for stress management, self-improvement and life and professional management with meditation, CBT, NLP psychotherapy with hypnosis as the operating system. Naturally a very brief but intense training in self hypnosis and meditation is given.
- Recognise the role of stress in disease and well-being.
- Practice various stress management techniques.
- Apply consciousness language techniques in managing stress.
- Practice / Utilise skills in self hypnosis, meditation, NLP and modified CBT in managing personal and professional life
- Learn self-development skills to reach their personal goals.