89451 - JDocs - Foundations of Minimal Access Surgery
- : Online
The JDocs Foundations of minimal access surgery workshop provides participants with the opportunity to learn skills in minimal access surgery and an overview of lapaprosopci equipment, patient positioning and trouble shooting.
the workshop will Enable participants individual hands on practical tasks and up-skilling in the following areas; entry techniques, trocar placement, skills exercises, electrosurgery and pre-& post procedure practice skills assessment.
Relevance to General Practice
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have gained knowledge with the physiology, basic techniques & technical skills required minimal access surgery. Enabling GPS to effectively assist on laparoscopic surgeries when they return to their rural hospital setting.
- Gain knowledge and familiarity with physiology, basic techniques and skills required for minimal access surgery.
- Improved ability in knot tying single handed and endoloops
- Demonstrate patient positioning, entry techniques and trocar placement
- Improved ability in electro surgery / hook diathermy
- At the end of the activity participants will appreciate that regular up skilling improves surgical safety and efficiency in minimal access surgery