A General Practice Update on Immunisation
- : Sydney NSW 2000
Immunisation is one of the most effective public health initiatives, yet there are many misconceptions and uncertainties regarding it in the community. This activity provides an update on current immunisation practices and ways to discuss the topic with patients.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the background, barriers and incentives to vaccination in Australia.
- Understand recent trends in vaccination schedules and programs.
- Engage in effective discussions around immunisation with patients.
- Recognise vaccine preventable diseases in the NIP, and the vaccines that help prevent them.
- Apply methods of reducing pain when performing vaccinations.