Adelaide General Practice Education Day 2016
- : Adelaide SA 5000
This seminar focuses on a range of general practice topics, requested by the GPs of Australia. Designed to suit your learning needs, this one-day seminar gives you the resources and practical strategies you need for your practice.
The seminar includes 18 different topics on general practice, presented by experts in the field. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
GPs will gain 16 category 2 CPD points for attending the seminar. An optional 40 category 1 CPD points are available, instructions for the ALM will be provided at the seminar.
See www.healthed.com.au/seminars/agped16/ for more information.
- Urinary Incontinence in Children; A/Prof Patrina Caldwell, Academic Paediatrician; Senior Staff Specialist, The Children’s Hospital, Westmead
- Assessment and Management for the Patient with Unusual Fatigue - What to Do When OSA has Been Excluded?; Dr Ching Li Chai-Coetzer, Sleep & Respiratory Physician; NHMRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Low Back Pain - A Practical Approach for GPs; Dr Richard Heah, Pain Physician; Director Shareholder of Corporate Health Group (CHG)
- Travel Medicine for Children - Tips and Traps; Dr Bernard Hudson, Senior Lecturer, Medicine, Northern Clinical School, University of Sydney
- Non-Drug Alternatives to Statins; Dr Jason Kaplan, Specialist Cardiologist and Physician; Clinical Lead of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Macquarie University
- T2 Diabetes - Should We Be Treating Earlier and More Aggressively?; Dr Stephen Leow, GP with special interest in diabetes
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme; Cathy Love, Occupational Therapist, Coach, Speaker, Writer; Board member, Fragile X Association
- NOACs: Explore How Emerging Evidence is Influencing Treatment Considerations for Doctors and Patients; Dr Jamie Morton, Consultant Cardiologist, Adelaide Cardiology
- Coping with No Jab, No Pay in Practice; Angela Newbound, Immunisation Project Coordinator, Adelaide PHN; Co-Convenor, The Public Health Association of Australia Immunisation Special Interest Group
- Tailoring Antidepressant Therapy; Dr Tom Paterson, Psychiatrist; Director, Adelaide Clinic Community Service
- Using the New Zoster Vaccination in GP; Dr Rodney Pearce, Member ATAGI and Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
- The Renewed National Cervical Cancer Screening Programme; Dr Lara Roeske, Liaison Physician, VCS; Chair, Sexual Health medicine Network, National Faculty of Specific Interests, RACGP
- House Dustmite Allergy, Rhinitis and Asthma - When to Suspect, How to Manage, Common Myths and Misperceptions; Dr Kymble Spriggs, Specialist Allergist and Clinical Immunologist, Royal Melbourne Hospital and University of Melbourne
- NIPT - Is this Test Suitable for my Patient?; Prof Graeme Suthers, Director of Genetics, Sonic Healthcare (Australia)
- A Practical Guide to Prescribing the New Hep C Antiviral Drugs in GP; Dr Edmund Tse, Head of Hepatology Unit & Co-Director, Viral Hepatitis Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- An Update for GPs on Modern Radiation Therapy & Hormones for Prostate Cancer; A/Prof Sandra Turner, Radiation Oncologist, Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre, Westmead Hospital
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's; A/Prof Robert Wilcox, Neurologist, Neurology South Australia
- A Practical Case Based Approach to Assessment and Management of Testosterone Deficiency in Men; Prof Gary Wittert, Endocrinologist; Professor of Medicine, University of Adelaide