Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine
- : South Wharf, Melbourne VIC
The Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine is designed to meet the needs of medical practitioners who are interested in increasing their clinical knowledge in aesthetic principles and the safe practice of latest evidence-based aesthetic medicine procedures. The two-day face-to-face course combines interactive lectures, case discussions, live demonstrations, and practical sessions. Topics covered include laser physics and laser safety, hair removal techniques, facial nerve blocks, management of vascular complications, use of botulinum toxin (including masseters, Nefertiti lift, bunny lines and gummy smile), dermal fillers for the cheeks, tear troughs, chin, jaw line and hand rejuvenation, selection of appropriate cosmeceuticals for various clinical conditions, marketing of the aesthetic services.
This course is the second part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine and Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine.
This Advanced Certificate course will provide the clinician with a range of skills including:
- Laser physics and laser safety
- Safe hair and tattoo removal techniques
- Facial anatomy and implications for safe treatment
- Nerve blocks and facial nerve anatomy
- Vascular anatomy and management of complications
- Botulinum toxin for the lower face
- Dermal fillers for various anatomical sites
- Cosmeceutical ingredients and their uses
- Business plan for the set-up of an aesthetics clinic
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing Aesthetic Medicine techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Perform aesthetic techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback
- Participate in online discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Optional aesthetics clinical attachments are also available at dedicated aesthetics clinics
This certificate course:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Has been submitted to the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. Doctors may join the academy, which has 26,000 physician and scientist members in more than 120 countries.