ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF AESTHETIC MEDICINE
- : Brisbane City QLD 4000
The Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine is designed to meet the needs of medical practitioners who are interested in increasing their clinical knowledge and competence in aesthetic principles and the safe practice of latest evidence-based aesthetic medicine procedures. The two-day face-to-face course combines interactive lectures, case discussions, live demonstrations, and practical sessions. Topics covered include laser physics and laser safety, hair removal techniques, facial nerve blocks, management of vascular complications, use of botulinum toxin (including masseters, Nefertiti lift, bunny lines and gummy smile), dermal fillers for the cheeks, tear troughs, chin, jaw line and hand rejuvenation, selection of appropriate cosmeceuticals for various clinical conditions, marketing of the aesthetic services.
This course is the second part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine and Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine.COURSE CONTENTS
This Advanced Certificate course will provide the clinician with a range of skills including:
- Laser physics and laser safety
- Safe hair removal techniques
- Facial anatomy and implications for safe treatment
- Nerve blocks and facial nerve anatomy
- Vascular anatomy and management of complications
- Botulinum Toxin for the lower face
- Dermal fillers for various anatomical sites
- Cosmeceutical ingredients and their uses
- Business plan for the set-up of an aesthetics clinic
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing Aesthetic Medicine techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Perform aesthetic techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback
- Participate in online discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Optional aesthetics clinical attachments are also available at dedicated aesthetics clinics
|8:15am - 8:45am||Registration|
|8:45am - 10:015am||Session 1||Skin aeging principles, conditions and problem solving|
|10:15am - 10:45am||Morning Tea|
|10:45am - 12:15pm||Session 2||Facial Anatomy and implications for treatments|
|12:15pm - 1:15pm||Lunch|
|1:15pm - 2:45pm||Session 3||Botuminum Toxin: Review uses and allergic reactions|
|2:45pm - 3:15pm||Afternoon Tea|
|3:15pm - 4:45pm||Session 4||Peals: Conditions and treatments|
|8:15am - 8:30am||Arrival|
|8:30am - 10:00am||Session 5||Lasers: Conditions and treatments|
|10:00am - 10:30am||Morning Tea|
|10:30am - 12:00pm||Session 6||Dermal fillers: Revision and research|
|12:00pm - 1:00pm||Lunch|
|1:00pm - 2:30pm||Session 7||Lasers: Conditions and treatments|
|2:30pm - 3:00pm||Afternoon Tea|
|3:00pm - 4:30pm||Session 8||Business consideration for an Aesthetic Clinic|
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Our team of exceptional instructors consists of highly trained sub‐specialised general practitioners who have successfully incorporated aesthetic medicine services into their practice. You will have access to valuable 12 month web-based support with the opportunity to ask the instructors any questions you may have as you implement your learning.
Dr Jenny Kimmins
MBBS, FRACGP, Dip. Derm
Fellow of the Cosmetic Physicians College of Australasia
Aesthetic Medicine Physician and Medical Director at Southern Cosmetics, VIC. HealthCert Course Chair for Aesthetic Medicine.
A/Prof Norman Eizenberg
MBBS, FRACS (Hon.).
Project Leader of Anatomedia. Centre for Human Anatomy Education, Department of Anatomy & Developmental Biology, Monash University.
Head of Clinical Teaching and Supervision, Melbourne Clinical School, The University of Notre Dame.
Dr Isabelle Jonsson-Lear
MBChB FRACGP FACRRM FACSCM FSCCA, M.Med in Primary Skin Cancer Medicine
Senior Lecturer University of Queensland.
Director Skin Cancer College Australasia.
Dr Anthony Rixon
DMBBS (QLD), FRACGP, DipObs (UK)
B.Biomed Sc. Medical laser specialist with extensive hospital and clinical training experience.