Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures
- : Sydney NSW
The Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures will allow you to consolidate your procedural knowledge and teach you the most advanced clinic-based procedures. The certificate course consists of three Advanced Workshops covering highly sought-after services in primary care: Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections, Non-Scalpel Vasectomy and Intrauterine Systems.
Each Advanced Workshop can be completed individually or as part of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures course.
This course is for general practitioners only. The pre-requisite for this Advanced Certificate course is the successful completion of the Professional Certificate of Clinical Procedures and previous practical experience in clinical procedures. Doctors who wish to receive a HealthCert Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures must complete all three Advanced Workshops: Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections, Non-Scalpel Vasectomy and Intrauterine Systems.
This course is designed for medical practitioners who wish to build on the knowledge gained from the Professional Certificate of Clinical Procedures course. There will be a greater focus on more advanced cases in Clinical Procedures with the use of simulated models.
The theory and practical sessions cover:
- Basic anatomical principles and their application
- Systemic, regional and clinical anatomy of joints and relevant soft tissues, the inguinal region, and the female genital tract
- Anatomical layers and dangers involved in specific procedures and management of complications (joint and soft tissue puncture, vasectomy, intrauterine system fitting)
- Specific conditions that require joint puncture and soft tissue injections
- Fitting and removing an IUS
- Non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Counselling and consultation prior to IUS, non-scalpel vasectomy and joint puncture procedures
- Complications that may occur with IUS, non-scalpel vasectomy and joint puncture procedures
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing clinical procedures techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Perform procedural techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Receive ongoing post-course support through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments available at dedicated clinics (excludes Non-Scalpel Vasectomy workshop)
Upon successful completion of all three Advanced Workshops, participants will receive the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures and RACGP 80 Category 1 QI&CPD points + 7 Category 2 CPD points, and ACRRM 66 PRPD points + 30 MOPS points.
This advanced certificate:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.