ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF CLINICAL PROCEDURES
- : Sydney NSW 2000
The Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures will allow you to consolidate your procedural knowledge and teach you the most advanced clinic-based procedures. The certificate course consists of three Advanced Workshops covering highly sought-after services in primary care: Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections, Non-Scalpel Vasectomy and Intrauterine Systems.
Each Advanced Workshop can be completed individually or as part of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures course.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND COURSE REQUISITES
This course is for general practitioners only. The pre-requisite for this Advanced Certificate course is the successful completion of the Professional Certificate of Clinical Procedures and previous practical experience in clinical procedures. Doctors who wish to receive a HealthCert Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures must complete all three Advanced Workshops: Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections, Non-Scalpel Vasectomy and Intrauterine Systems.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Professionally accredited qualifications and prior studies may be recognised for entry into this course. Please send an email to credithealthcert.com for an individual assessment of your prior qualifications and experience. This email should contain information about your education history and work experience that specifically pertain to the content and procedures covered in the Professional Certificate of Clinical Procedures. Please include any applicable certificates and course outlines from previous education. The relevant Course Chair will make a determination on your application within three working days.
This course is designed for medical practitioners who wish to build on the knowledge gained from the Professional Certificate of Clinical Procedures course. There will be a greater focus on more advanced cases in Clinical Procedures with the use of simulated models.
The theory and practical sessions cover:
- Basic anatomical principles and their application
- Systemic, regional and clinical anatomy of joints and relevant soft tissues, the inguinal region, and the female genital tract
- Anatomical layers and dangers involved in specific procedures and management of complications (joint and soft tissue puncture, vasectomy, intrauterine system fitting)
- Specific conditions that require joint puncture and soft tissue injections
- Fitting and removing an IUS
- Non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Counselling and consultation prior to IUS, non-scalpel vasectomy and joint puncture procedures
- Complications that may occur with IUS, non-scalpel vasectomy and joint puncture procedures
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing clinical procedures techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Perform procedural techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Receive ongoing post-course support through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments available at dedicated clinics (excludes Non-Scalpel Vasectomy workshop)
COURE OUTLINE Friday evening: Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections
This workshop can be completed individually or as stage 1 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures.
|6:00pm - 6:30pm||Registration|
|6:30pm - 7:30pm||Theory||Principles
Efficacy and Costing
|7:30pm - 7:45pm||Break|
|7:45pm - 9:45pm||Practical||
Saturday: Non-Scalpel Vasectomy
This workshop can be completed individually or stage 2 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures.
|8:30am – 9:00am||Registration|
|9:00am – 10:30am||Session 1||
Introduction to non-scalpel vasectomy and anatomy
|10:30am – 11:00am||Morning tea|
|11:00am – 12:30pm||Session 2||
Non-scalpel vasectomy (part 1)
|12:30pm – 1:30pm||Lunch|
|1:30pm - 3:00pm||Session 3||Non-scalpel vasectomy (part 2)|
|3:00ppm - 3:30pm||Afternoon tea|
|3:30pm – 5:00pm||Session 4||
Post-op complications and follow-up care
Sunday: Intrauterine Systems
This workshop can be completed individually or as stage 3 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures.
|8:00am - 8:30am||Registration|
|8:30am – 10:00am||Session 1||
|10:00am – 10:30am||Morning Tea|
|10:30am – 12:00pm||Session 2||Copper IUD and IUS practical (part 1)|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Lunch|
|1:00pm – 2:30pm||Session 3||IUS practical (part 2) and case studies|
|2:30pm - 3:00pm||Afternoon Tea|
|3:00pm – 4:30pm||Session 4||Case studies (continued from session 3)|
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
This course is presented by a team of experienced surgeons and noted clinicians, including:
Dr Gerard Ahern
Dr Raj Selvarajan
MBBS, MRCS(Ed), MRCGP, FRACGP
Course Director and Scalpel Free Vasectomist
Dr Nelum Dharmapriya
MBChB(UK), MRCP, FRACGP
General Practitioner at Narangba Doctors, Queensland
Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UK (DRCOG) 2000
Diploma of Family planning and Sexual Health Medicine, UK (DFFP) 2003
Obtained Letter of Competence in Intrauterine Techniques by FFPRHC, 2003