ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF GENERAL DERMATOLOGY
- : Sydney NSW 2000
GPs are confronted with common skin, nail and hair conditions on a regular basis as patients have limited access to dermatologists. In fact, the largest organ of the human body makes up 15 percent of general practice consultations on a day-to-day
basis. Undergraduate dermatology training is minimal in many medical schools and without additional education in general dermatology, GPs are often underequipped to handle common presentations.
Presented by noted dermatologists, the Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology will increase your clinical knowledge, teach you how to assess more complex and rare cases and make differential diagnoses for various dermatological conditions.ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND COURSE REQUISITES
The certificate course offers richly illustrated clinical examples and opportunities for interactive discussions on the cases provided and covers various dermatology conditions.
The theory sessions cover:
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts.
- Participate in discussions of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field.
- Participate in course webinars prior to the examinations and ask questions.
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case reviews.
- Optional clinical attachments are also available at dedicated dermatology clinics.
Your instructors are widely regarded as some of the world’s foremost specialists in skin cancer medicine and business management, including:
Prof Richard P. Usatine
Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas, USA
Founder and Medical Director, University Health System Skin Clinic, USA
A/Prof Caterina Longo
Scientific Coordinator, Skin Cancer Unit, ASMN-IRCCS, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Dr Christopher Ross
BMBS, BSc(BiomedSc)(Hons), FACD – Dermatologist
Dr Jonathan B. Karnes
Dr Zoe Apalla
Consultant Dermatologist, State Hospital for Skin and Venereal Diseases, Thessaloniki, Greece