Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- : Online
Advanced Life Support (ALS) provides a peer-to-peer and laid-back learning environment. The course is conducted by expert emergency medicine instructors experienced in rural general practice.
Topics discussed are in-depth and specific to managing life-saving, with each course conducted by Rural Generalists, for medical professionals. Stories are shared between participants with chances to debrief and bond, providing a strong sense of community.
This course will provide you with:
- An understanding of both basic and advanced life support, specifically focusing on issues that may arise for rural practitioners
- Competence in up-to-date airway management techniques
- Efficiency in using a manual defibrillator and an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Competence in identifying and managing life threatening arrhythmias
- Competence in intravenous access or intraosseous access, and
- Competence in administering drugs in resuscitation with correct dosage and frequency.