Advanced Skin Cancer Surgery Workshop (Head & Neck)
- : Brisbane, Queensland
Consolidate essential skills with more advanced dermatoscopy, broaden your therapeutic options, including curette and cautery, and practice various surgical techniques which will prepare you for almost any lesion needing elliptical excision, including lower leg grafting.
In collaboration with
YOUR LEARNING OUTCOMES
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe facial and cheek anatomy.
- Explain how to use flaps, wedges and graft repair.
- Recognize safe facial wound closure.
- Explain the safe use of rhomboid flaps on the face.
- Describe advancement flaps: peri-orbital lesions and use of different flaps and approaches to lower eyelid defects.
- Plan closures on ear defects and closure of ear defects with flaps and grafts.
- Plan closures of scalp defects and modified rotation flaps.
- Recognize lip anatomy and planning of lip defect closures including peri-oral flaps.
The workshop includes practical surgery sessions. Our team of surgical assistants will guide and support you as you practise the various surgical techniques, including:
Practical activities in this workshop include:
- Surgical procedures for the face
- Surgical procedures for the neck
- Rhomboid flap on the cheek
- Peri-orbital reconstruction on the lower eyelid
- Rotation flap on the scalp
- Lip defect closure
What you get for your one-off investment:
- Online pre-workshop activity (to be completed in your own time prior to the workshop component).
- Two-day weekend practical workshop including catering.
- All materials including surgical instruments and consumables for practical sessions.
- Full-colour workbook including all presentation slides.
- Additional online training and assessment including dermatoscopy training.
- Post-workshop online assessment (to be completed in your own time within three months of attending the workshop).
- University of Queensland School of Medicine award upon successfully passing the assessment.
- Category 1 accredited CPD points (see below for details).
- Lifetime support in monthly webinars with the opportunity to discuss cases with course presenters.