Advanced Workshop of Intrauterine Systems
- : Sydney NSW
The Advanced Workshop of Intrauterine Systems provides a practical introduction to this advanced procedure. The workshop will give you a step by step guide to the procedure and valuable insight into the safety guidelines you need to know to avoid complications. You will learn what equipment is necessary to achieve the best outcomes for your patients, with the opportunity to practise on simulated models. This workshop will also demonstrate how to plan patient counselling with an analysis of patient case scenarios. It will enable you to seriously consider this advanced procedure for your practice. HealthCert recommends further clinical training for this highly sought-after service; referrals to clinical trainers are available.
The Advanced Workshop can be completed individually or as stage 3 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures. Further available Advanced Workshops cover the following clinical procedures: Non-Scalpel Vasectomy and Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections.
This advanced workshop is designed to meet the needs of general practitioners who are interested in performing IUS insertions and removals in the primary care setting. The workshop is for general practitioners only and assumes previous experience in clinical procedures.COURSE CONTENTS
- Determining the correct steps in the process of intrauterine procedures
- Recognising the safety rules to avoid complications during intrauterine procedures
- Determining the necessary equipment for intrauterine procedures
- Planning patient counselling
- Analysing patient case scenarios
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points
ACRRM: 30 PRPD points + 30 MOPS points
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.