Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture & Soft Tissue Injections
- : Sydney NSW
The Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections will teach you helpful techniques in the diagnosis and therapy of various musculoskeletal conditions. The procedures are most often used to reduce inflammation, provide pain relief and alleviate stiffness in tendons, muscles and joints of the shoulder, knee, or hip. The program thus addresses a highly sought-after service of the ageing population and gives you the opportunity to practise on cadavers.
The Advanced Workshop can be completed individually or as stage 1 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures. Further available Advanced Workshops cover the following clinical procedures: Non-Scalpel Vasectomy and Intrauterine Systems.
This workshop is for general practitioners only and assumes no prior knowledge or specific training in joint puncture or soft tissue injecting.COURSE CONTENTS
- Principles of joint puncture
- Principles of soft tissue injections
- Joint anatomy and safe treatment
- Local anaesthesia and safe practices
- Specific conditions that require joint puncture and soft tissue injections
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
RACGP: 7 Category 2 QI&CPD points
ACRRM: 6 PRPD points
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP)
The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.