Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture & Soft Tissue Injections
- : 14 Darling Dr, Sydney NSW 2000
The Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections will teach you helpful techniques in the diagnosis and therapy of various musculoskeletal conditions. The procedures are most often used to reduce inflammation, provide pain relief and alleviate stiffness in tendons, muscles and joints of the shoulder, knee, or hip. The program thus addresses a highly sought-after service of the ageing population and gives you the opportunity to practise on cadavers.
You can expect comprehensive, practical instruction with the opportunity to exercise knowledge in an interactive workshop on cadavers, equipping you with knowledge that has direct relevance to primary care work.
The Advanced Workshop can be completed individually or as stage 1 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures.
The workshop is held from 6pm on Friday evening and covers:
- Principles of joint puncture
- Principles of soft tissue injections
- Joint anatomy and safe treatment
- Local anaesthesia and safe practices
- Specific conditions that require joint puncture and soft tissue injections