Advanced Workshop of Non-Scalpel Vasectomy
- : South Bank, Brisbane QLD
The Advanced Workshop of Non-Scalpel Vasectomy provides an introduction to this advanced procedure for permanent male fertility control. The program is ideal for doctors who are already performing traditional vasectomies but would like to learn the non-scalpel procedure. HealthCert highly recommends further clinical training for those without prior vasectomy experience.
The only program of its kind in Australia, the workshop will teach what equipment is necessary to achieve the best outcomes for your patients, with the opportunity to practise the procedure on simulated models and enable you to seriously consider this advanced procedure for your practice. The program will also provide a valuable insight into the safety guidelines you need to know to avoid complications and demonstrate how to plan patient counselling with an analysis of patient case scenarios.
The Advanced Workshop can be completed individually or as stage 2 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures. Further available Advanced Workshops cover the following clinical procedures: Intrauterine Systems and Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections.
This workshop has been designed to meet the needs of general practitioners who are interested in performing vasectomies. This professional workshop is for general practitioners only and assumes previous experience in clinical procedures.COURSE CONTENTS
- Determining the correct steps in the process of non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Recognising the safety rules to avoid complications in non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Determining the necessary equipment for non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Planning patient counselling
- Analysing patient case scenarios
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate of attandance.
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points
ACRRM: 30 PRPD points
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.