Aged Care Quality Standard 2: Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of the scope and purpose of ACQS 2: Ongoing Assessment and Planning with Consumers.
This course has been designed to introduce you to the Aged Care Quality Standard 2 and is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
Standard 2: Ongoing Assessment and Planning with Consumers builds on the foundations of Standard 1. It requires that organisations work together with consumers to assess their needs and plan their care to meet consumer's needs, goals and preferences.
The goal of this course is to teach learners what is expected of them with the introduction of Standard 2, building on what they learned in Standard 1. Consumers must be partners in the ongoing assessment and planning that helps them get the care and services they need for their health and well-being.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- Assessment and planning informs the delivery of safe and effective care and services
- Assessment and planning identifies and addresses the consumer's current needs, goals and preferences, including end of life planning if the consumer wishes
- Assessment and planning are based on an ongoing partnership with the consumer and includes other organisations
- Outcomes of assessments and planning are effectively communicated in a care and services plan, and
- Care and services are reviewed regularly.