Aged Care Quality Standard 7: Human resources
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of the requirements of ACQS 7: Human Resources.
Aged Care Quality Standard 7: Human Resources course focusses on the responsibility that the organisation has to provide enough skilled, qualified staff to provide the highest level of care and services to consumers. Organisations must also support workers by providing the equipment they need to provide care to consumers, as well as giving them the appropriate amount of time to complete their work.
This course is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners what is expected of the organisation’s service environment with the introduction of Standard 7: that consumers get quality care and services when they need them from people who are knowledgeable, capable and caring.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- The workforce is planned to enable the delivery and management of safe and quality care and services
- Workforce interactions with consumers are kind, caring and respectful
- The workforce is competent and members of the workforce have the qualifications and knowledge to effectively perform their duties
- The workforce is recruited, trained, equipped and supported to deliver the outcomes required by these standards, and
- There is regular assessment, monitoring and review of the performance of each member of the workforce.