Alcohol and Other Drugs in the Workplace for Nurses and Midwives
This course has been developed to give learners an awareness of the dangers presented by alcohol and other drugs and the impact these can have in the workplace.
The course has been designed to provide training for all staff in the workplace.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- what alcohol and other drugs are
- what happens to the human body when using alcohol or other drugs
- the impact of alcohol and drug use throughout society and the workplace
- reasons why people use alcohol and drugs, and
- how to remain safe and fulfil your legal responsibilities concerning drugs and alcohol at work.
Endorsed by the NSCA Foundation.
The NSCA Foundation endorses this course as meeting its standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.