Allergy & Immunology Series – allergy testing
On-demand recorded 29 Apr 2020
Allergic diseases are common in Australia affecting around 20% of the population. With the current COVID-19 pandemic limiting the ability for face-to-face education, the planned one-day allergy and immunology face-to-face workshop has been broken down into a four-part webinar series. Topics including allergy testing, managing common allergic presentations, urticaria and managing food allergy in neonates and children.
This webinar, the first in the series, is on allergy testing and is facilitated by Dr Scott Preston and presented by Dr Aaron Chambers. It covers serum specific IgE testing including the appropriate panels to select and limitations. It also covers the indications and benefits for other allergy testing including skin prick and patch testing.
- Determine the appropriate panels for serum specific IgE allergy testing
- Describe the limitations of serum specific IgE allergy testing
- Describe the indications for all forms of allergy testing and when to implement
- Outline benefits of skin prick and patch testing, and approximate costs for patients.
This event attracts 3 CPD points
This event is part of Allery & Immunology Series. Events in this series are:
- Allergy & Immunology Series – allergy testing
- Allergy & Immunology Series – managing common allergies
Dr Aaron Chambers
General Practitioner Dr Scott Preston