This is a Featured Course!
Alzheimer's & Dementia - Live
- : Brisbane City QLD 4000
Duration: 6 hours
Recommended for: GPs
The ongoing need to promote dementia awareness relates to the high prevalence and increasing rates of people living with dementia in Australia – estimated at 342,800 people in 2015 (AIHW. Dementia in Australia). It is essential that we develop greater capacity within primary care - GPs, Practice Nurses and Allied Health - and support the earlier identification and a more timely diagnosis of dementia.
By providing this interactive workshop on Dementia, there is the opportunity for attendees to better understand some of the resources and assessment tests available for GPs to use in clinical practice. This can increase the capacity and quality of dementia management standards, and promote a greater opportunity for detection, diagnosis and support of people living with dementia, their families and carers.
The workshop aims to:
- Build on current knowledge about the various types of dementia
- Provide an approach to earlier dementia diagnosis
- Provide for better dementia support of carers and patient management
- Assist with a better understanding of the pharma and non-pharma management of many of the behavioural issues that can occur
- Improve the quality of patient-centred care within a general practice setting
- Highlight community services that are available to better management a difficult social and medical condition
This ALM is accredited by the RACGP, and attendees will receive 40 Category 1 points upon completion.
Brisbane Convention &
1-3 September 2017