Anterior Composites – Doable, Predictable and Repeatable
There are many steps involved in the creation of a functional and aesthetic anterior composite restoration. This lecture and hands on course breaks down a number of the steps fundamental to obtaining excellent clinical outcomes with anterior composites.Topics Covered:
- Aesthetic concepts: understanding optical aspects of natural teeth.
- Understanding colour: Concepts of Hue, Chroma, Value, Opalescence, incisal halo, intensives, characterizations.
- Shade selection, guidelines for perfect colour matching, how to make personalised shade guide and Button try technique.
- Layering: use of single / dual shades , two vs multiple layers , anatomical layering technique.
- Hiding the grey margins.
- Intraoperatory corrections, concepts of re-bonding to old composites.
- Steps to simple yet predictable finishing and polishing with secondary and tertiary textures.
- Layering technique and optimisation of each layer for anterior class IV restoration.
- Putty index fabrication.
- Margin and prep design.
- Mimicking opalescence, incisal halo, intensives and characterisations.
- Textures, finishing and polishing.
Dr Vishal Gupta is an aesthetic dentist with an interest in composites. He is a certified level 1 Style Italiano trainer on Direct Restorative Procedure and has earned a silver and green badge from Restorative Implant Practice Excellence, RIPE, for continuous clinical excellence. He is a Key Opinion leader for 3M, Garrison matrix systems, Lm Arte instruments and has various clinical publications to his credit. He maintains a successful clinical practice in India.
Course fee includes a take home Style Italiano LM-ARTE composite kit valued at $500.00