This is a Featured Course!
Appropriate referrals to Familial Cancer Centres for Lynch syndrome risk assessment education
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
Lynch syndrome is an inherited genetic mutation that increases an individual's risk of various cancers. This education explores how to identify affected patients with a family history of cancer, and provides an overview of how Family Cancer Clinics can assist these patients through genetic testing and risk management.
Upon completion of this module you will be able to:
- Understand hereditary genetic factors in the development of bowel cancer.
- Identify bowel cancer risk categories based on family pedigree.
- Explain the potential medical prevention options to high risk patients.
- Identify appropriate patients for referral to Family Cancer Centres.
- Describe the psychosocial implications of learning of a genetic cancer predisposition.
Earn 2 CPD points upon completion!