ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF NECK AND UPPER BACK PAIN
Learn how to:
- Sharpen your diagnostic skills with more focused history taking
- Refine your physical examination skills and understand your findings
- Target and interpret lumbar spinal investigations
- Make a specific diagnosis leading to effective treatment
- Perform basic manual therapy and trigger point injections in your office
Prescribe appropriate exercises and medications
This module is the 2nd of four modules leading to the award of the ‘Certificate in Musculoskeletal Medicine’. The course has been run by the AAMM in Brisbane for 3 years and has been highly rated by participants.
Each module comprises a pre-reading component of ~ 6 hours in preparation for a 1 day interactive workshop with small group tutorials, hands on physical examination & treatment techniques and case discussions.
The 4 modules are (i) low back pain (ii) neck and upper back pain (iii) upper limb pain and (iv) lower limb pain
Modules can be taken independently . All 4 modules must be successfully compmleted to receive the certificate.
An application has been made for this module to be an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity with 40 CPD program points and to be in the 2020 to 2022 triennium
Open to medical practitioners only