Asthma in Australia: 6. Severe asthma
This module gives an in-depth look at severe asthma in the Australian landscape, and the impact that it has on patients. The module explores the role of the wider medical team, including specialists, and guides participants through the SIMPLES approach to optimising management for patients with difficult-to-treat asthma. The module also gives an overview on utilising spirometry in a primary care setting, and provides practical treatment tips for rural and remote patients.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence and impact of severe asthma in Australia.
- Plan a structured and patient-centred approach to managing poorly controlled asthma.
- Identify the principles of steroid stewardship.
- Apply processes and approaches for referral to obtain specialised care.
- Implement ongoing coordinated care, including the non-pharmacological approaches to treatment.
This activity is sponsored by Asthma Australia.
Content partners: Asthma Australia
If you need any assistance or have any feedback about this education, please contact our helpdesk at thinkgpreedexhibitions.com.au
Click here for more information