Basic Life Support Theory
- : Online
This program is designed to be used in conjunction with your annual practical Basic Life Support competency and uses the current Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines as a basis for the content. By completing this program, participants will strengthen and refresh current knowledge of resuscitation methods and procedures including; Elements and Processes of Resuscitation, Resuscitation of Infants and Children, Resuscitation of patients with a stoma and the use of a semiautomatic external defibrillator (SAED).
This Program should be used as an adjunct to your organisation’s policies and procedures for BLS testing. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO REPLACE A PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT.Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Apply the Australian Resuscitation Council Basic Life Support Policy to practice.
- Apply the acronym D.R.A.B.C.D to the Basic Life Support process
- Identify ‘No Signs of Life’.
- Identify Basic Life Support considerations when resuscitating individuals with additional needs including pregnant women, children, neonates and persons with a trachostomy/stoma insitu.
- Discuss the importance of early defibrillation.
This fun interactive nurse education program is suitable for any health professional who requires their CPD (continuing professional development).