This is a Promoted Post!
Biopsy techniques, skin cancer prevention & vitamin D
- : South Wharf VIC 3006
This education covers the incidence of sun related skin cancers in Australia and discusses the link between UV exposure and skin cancer. Safe UV exposure is explored. Methods of full skin examination are described and the various biopsy techniques are detailed and their advantages and indications clarified. The diagnosis and management of In situ keratonocytic tumours is discussed.
- Discuss the incidence of sun related skin cancers in Australia.
- Describe the link between UV exposure and the development of skin cancer.
- Describe the key messages regarding balance between avoiding excessive sun exposure to reduce the risk of skin cancer and maintaining vitamin D levels.
- Recall the various methods and techniques used to biopsy skin.
- State the key features in the diagnosis and management of in situ Keratinocyte Tumours.
- Ensure patient safety by recalling the methods of examination to detect skin cancer.
Dr Sarah McDonald, Clinical Fellow, Victorian Melanoma Service
Dr Alvin Chong, Senior Lecturer in Dermatology, University of Melbourne
Philippa Davis, Primary Health Program, Cancer Council Victoria
Shannon Jones, SunSmart Victoria, Cancer Council Victoria
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|Biopsy techniques, skin cancer prevention & vitamin D - education|
|Biopsy Techniques, Skin Cancer Prevention & Vitamin D - evaluation|