Breaking the Silence – Talking to Patients About Weight Loss
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia is one of the most overweight countries in the world, and this is leading to an increase in weight-related medical conditions. This education explores the current state of overweight and obesity in Australia, and outlines methods of fostering communication with patients to achieve behaviour change and weight loss.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain the behaviour change process, and how people succeed in achieving a healthy body weight.
- Deliver brief weight management intervention.
- Explain the important role they play, and their duty of care with respect to weight management.
- Describe the 5As, an international evidence-based brief intervention framework.
- Identify current services, as well as the latest resources to help support their conversation with clients around achieving a healthy weight.
|Breaking the Silence – Talking to Patients About Weight Loss - education|
|Breaking the Silence – Talking to Patients About Weight Loss - evaluation|