This is a Featured Course!
Breaking the Silence – Talking to Patients About Weight Loss
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
Australia is one of the most overweight countries in the world, and this is leading to an increase in weight-related medical conditions. This education explores the current state of overweight and obesity in Australia, and outlines methods of fostering communication with patients to achieve behaviour change and weight loss.
- By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain the behaviour change process, and how people succeed in achieving a healthy body weight.
- Deliver brief weight management intervention.
- Explain the important role they play, and their duty of care with respect to weight management.
- Describe the 5As, an international evidence-based brief intervention framework.
- Identify current services, as well as the latest resources to help support their conversation with clients around achieving a healthy weight.